Integrating Technology for Meaningful Learning
The text also strikes an important balance between practical applications and theoretical issues, so teachers concentrate on the connections between learning tasks and the mental activities of their students. The new edition expands its coverage of using the Internet as a communication and inquiry tool and includes up-to-date information on emergent technology.
- New! An increased emphasis on Internet applications includes updated references to Internet-based technology throughout the text and additional material from Grabe/Grabe, Integrating the Internet for Meaningful Learning.
- New! Coverage of applications concentrates on readily available software, making the book is as useful as possible for classroom teachers. This edition gives increased attention to PowerPoint presentation software and digital video.
- New! The authors expanded the new edition’s emphasis on higher-order thinking by adding information on critical thinking. The unregulated access to sources provided by the Internet necessitates the development of critical-thinking skills in today’s students.
- New! Marginal icons representing the companion web site and CD-ROM direct students to electronic resources for additional information.
- New! An enhanced student CD-ROM contains web links, short video "cases" with footage of teachers and students in action, reflection questions, and flashcards for vocabulary building.
- New! An expanded companion web site incorporates more content-area resources for instructors and students. It contains chapter summaries, direct links to online resources, a searchable database of web links, and video segments. The instructor’s web site includes class planning and assessment help, as well as PowerPoint slides.
–This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
A must have book for classroom teachers using technology., March 14, 1999
A thorough look at the impact of technology on classroom teaching. Describes technology as a tool for teaching, not as an end in itself. Good description of individualizing teaching for different learners, when you are beginning to use new technology in your classroom. Explains the different uses of different kinds of computer software for educational uses, and is written in a reader-friendly style. I use it in my ‘Integrating Computers into the Classroom’ course and get very positive feedback from my students on this book.
Integrating Technology for Meaningful Learning takes a unique, cognitive approach to technology, distinguishing itself from other texts by emphasizing meaningful learning with technology for both teachers and students. It provides K–12 classroom teachers with the essential information and motivation they need to use technology as an everyday tool.