1. Containing or resembling blood; of the nature of blood; as, bloody excretions; bloody sweat.
2. Smeared or stained with blood; as, bloody hands; a bloody handkerchief.
3. Given, or tending, to the shedding of blood; having a cruel, savage disposition; murderous; cruel. Some bloody passion shakes your very frame. (Shak)
4. Attended with, or involving, bloodshed; sanguinary; especially, marked by great slaughter or cruelty; as, a bloody battle.
5. Infamous; contemptible; variously used for mere emphasis or as a low epithet.
Origin: as. Bldig.
to stain with blood.
Origin: Bloodied; Bloodying.