1. One who, or that which, blows.
2. (Science: mechanics) a device for producing a current of air; as: a metal plate temporarily placed before the upper part of a grate or open fire. A machine for producing an artificial blast or current of air by pressure, as for increasing the draft of a furnace, ventilating a building or shaft, cleansing gram, etc.
3. A blowing out or excessive discharge of gas from a hole or fissure in a mine.
4. The whale; so called by seamen, from the circumstance of its spouting up a column of water.
5. (Science: marine biology) a small fish of the atlantic coast (Tetrodon turgidus); the puffer.
6. A braggart, or loud talker.