1. One that uses wings.
2. The fly of a flag: see fly.
3. Anything that is scattered abroad in great numbers as a theatrical programme, an advertising leaf, etc.
4. One in a flight of steps which are parallel to each other(as in ordinary stairs), as distinguished from a winder.
5. The pair of arms attached to the spindle of a spinning frame, over which the thread passes to the bobbin; so called from their swift revolution. See fly.
6. The fan wheel that rotates the cap of a windmill as the wind veers.
7. A small operation not involving ? considerable part of one’s capital, or not in the line of one’s ordinary business; a venture.