1. Cut in the edge into points or inequalities, like teeth; jagged; notched; stamped in; dented on the surface.
2. Having an uneven, irregular border; sinuous; undulating.
3. Notched like the part of a saw consisting of the teeth; serrated; as, an indented border or ordinary.
4. Bound out by an indenture; apprenticed; indentured; as, an indented servant.
5. (Science: ornithology, zoology) notched along the margin with a different colour, as the feathers of some birds. Indented line, a line with alternate long and short faces, with salient and receding angles, each face giving a flanking fire along the front of the next.