1. Full of knots; having knots knurled; as, a knotted cord; the knotted oak.
2. Interwoven; matted; entangled. Make . . . Thy knotted and combined locks to part. (Shak)
3. Having intersecting lines or figures. The west corner of thy curious knotted garden. (Shak)
4. (Science: geology) Characterised by small, detached points, chiefly composed of mica, less decomposable than the mass of the rock, and forming knots in relief on the weathered surface; as, knotted rocks.
5. Entangled; puzzling; knotty. They’re catched in knotted lawlike nets. (Hudibras)