1. Of or pertaining to the planets; as, planetary inhabitants; planetary motions; planetary year.
2. Consisting of planets; as, a planetary system.
3. (Science: astronomy) under the dominion or influence of a planet. Skilled in the planetary hours.
4. Caused by planets. A planetary plague.
5. Having the nature of a planet; erratic; revolving; wandering. Erratical and planetary life. Planetary days, the days of the week as shared among the planets known to the ancients, each having its day. Hutton. Planetary nebula, a nebula exhibiting a uniform disk, like that of a planet.
Origin: Cf. L. Planetarius an astrologer, F. Planetaire planetary. See Planet.