1. The act of remembering; a holding in mind, or bringing to mind; recollection.
2. The state of being remembered, or held in mind; memory; recollection.
3. Something remembered; a person or thing kept in memory.
4. That which serves to keep in or bring to mind; a memorial; a token; a memento; a souvenir; a memorandum or note of something to be remembered.
5. Something to be remembered; counsel; admonion; instruction.
6. Power of remembering; reach of personal knowledge; period over which one’s memory extends.
Synonym: recollection, reminiscence.