1. One who, or that which, slips.
2. A kind of light shoe, which may be slipped on with ease, and worn in undress; a slipshoe.
3. A kind of apron or pinafore for children.
4. A kind of brake or shoe for a wagon wheel.
5. (Science: machinery) A piece, usually a plate, applied to a sliding piece, to receive wear and afford a means of adjustment; also called shoe, and gib.
(Science: zoology) Slipper animalcule, a ciliated infusorian of the genus paramecium. Slipper flower.
(Science: botany) A boat shell.