1. To cause to move faster; to quicken the motion of; to add to the speed of; opposed to retard.
2. To quicken... Read More
1. The act of advancing or moving forward or upward; progress.
2. Improvement or progression, physically, mentally,... Read More
"Trait" is a rather well-known word in the English language. What does trait mean?
A trait is defined... Read More
1. To help onward; to advance; to promote; to accelerate; to quicken; to hasten; as, to forward the growth of a... Read More
1. A measure; a standard of measure; an instrument to determine dimensions, distance, or capacity; a standard. This... Read More
Homeostasis is the tendency not to stray from the range of favorable or ideal internal conditions. Such conditions must be... Read More
(chemistry) A form of catalysis in which the physical state of the catalyst is different from that of the... Read More
Enzymes can break down complicated large molecules into simpler smaller ones, they can combine small molecules or atoms to... Read More
(1) A feedback in which the system responds to the perturbation in the opposite direction as the... Read More
Positive Feedback Definition
Each mechanism of the body like temperature, blood pressure, and levels of specific nutrients... Read More
Feedback Mechanism Definition
What is a feedback mechanism? A feedback mechanism is a physiological regulation system in a... Read More
Reviewed by: Todd Smith, PhD
(biochemistry) A... Read More
By the time the dinosaurs were extinct 65 million years ago, the world's landmass had split up into more or less the... Read More
When measuring growth, it is more desirable to use dry mass as a reliable indication. However, since you can't just 'suck'... Read More