Origin: f. Alcali, ultimately fr. Ar. Alqali ashes of the plant saltwort, fr. Qalay to roast in a pan, fry.
1. Soda... Read More
(Science: chemistry) Having the reactions of an alkali.
Origin: L. Alkalinus
Relating to or containing an alkali;... Read More
1. To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to... Read More
1. A boiling or bubbling up of a liquid; the motion produced in a liquid by its rapid conversion into vapor.
2.... Read More
noun, plural: palmitins
A solid, white, crystallizable fat in animal and plant tissues
Palmitin... Read More
(cytogenetics) A selective banding technique wherein a banding pattern is produced in the constitutive... Read More
Hydroxide is a polyatomic ion consisting of oxygen and hydrogen:
It has a charge of −1. Hydroxide is one of the... Read More
In biochemistry, denaturation is defined as a process in which a molecular structure deviates from... Read More
(general) The act or process of making neutral.
(chemistry) A chemical reaction in which an acid and a base... Read More
Lobry de bruyn-van ekenstein transformation
The conversion of glucose to fructose and mannose in dilute alkali by... Read More
(Science: plant biology) class of plant cell wall polysaccharide that cannot be extracted from the wall by hot... Read More
(Science: chemistry) a carbonate in which but half the hydrogen of the acid is replaced by a positive element or... Read More
(Science: chemistry) sodium oxide or hydroxide.
Popularly, sodium carbonate or bicarbonate. Caustic soda, sodium... Read More
Polypeptide Definition Biology
What are polypeptides? A polypeptide is defined as a polymer of amino acids joined together... Read More
1. Passing through the air on wings, or by the buoyant force of the atmosphere; flying; having the power to fly.
2.... Read More
salts of nitrous acid or compounds containing the group no2-. The inorganic nitrites of the type mno2 (where... Read More
(Science: chemistry) The atomic arrangement -C(OH)=C(OH)-produced by proton migration from the CH of a -CHOH group... Read More
(Science: chemistry) a compound radical, NH4, having the chemical relations of a strongly basic element like the... Read More
(Science: Chemistry, element) Sodium is a soft, silvery, highly reactive alkali metal which has an atomic number of... Read More
A substance which dissolves in water, thus forming a lather, and is used as a cleansing agent. Soap is produced by... Read More
1. Having the colour of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that colour of the solar spectrum which is between... Read More
(1) The edible (part of a) plant (e.g. leaves, roots, flowers) but not including the fruit or... Read More
[mlw_quizmaster... Read More