(Science: chemistry) a substance made from a mixture of a metal and one or more other metals or non-metallic... Read More
(Science: dentistry) a soft metal which results from an alloy of a metal with mercury. Commonly used as a silver-tin... Read More
1. To disunite; to divide; to disconnect; to sever; to part in any manner. From the fine gold I separate the alloy.... Read More
1. Separate from all heterogeneous or extraneous matter; free from mixture or combination; clean; mere; simple;... Read More
1. (Science: chemistry) An elementary substance, as sodium, calcium, or copper, whose oxide or hydroxide has basic... Read More
1. Of or pertaining to the sea; having to do with the ocean, or with navigation or naval affairs; nautical; as,... Read More
1. To guide or conduct with the hand, or by means of some physical contact connection; as, a father leads a child; a... Read More
1. (Science: chemistry) A variety of iron intermediate in composition and properties between wrought iron and cast... Read More
1. a hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue,... Read More
To place or inclose in pots; as:
To preserve seasoned in pots. Potted fowl and fish. .
To set out or cover in pots; as,... Read More
A fusible alloy consisting of one or two parts of cadmium, two parts of tin, four of lead, with seven or eight... Read More
1. To reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; to free from impurities; to free from dross or alloy; to separate... Read More
(Science: chemistry) The technical name of tin. See Tin.
Origin: L, alloy of silver and lead; later,... Read More