1. An iron block, usually with a steel face, upon which metals are hammered and shaped.
2. Anything resembling an... Read More
1. To fasten, support, or defend with stakes; as, to stake vines or plants.
2. To mark the limits of by stakes; with... Read More
1. An instrument for driving nails, beating metals, and the like, consisting of a head, usually of steel or iron,... Read More
Origin: oe. Flote ship, boat, fleet, as. Flota ship, fr. Fleotan to float; akin to D. Vloot fleet, g. Floss raft,... Read More
1. A hard, projecting, and usually pointed organ, growing upon the heads of certain animals, especially. Of the... Read More