1. One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries. Bearers of burdens. . The bearer of unhappy news.
2.... Read More
noun, plural: gemmules
(botany) A small gemma; a bud produced by gemmation.
(zoology) A mass of cell capable of... Read More
1. To go or move below or under.
2. To be subjected to; to bear up against; to pass through; to endure; to suffer;... Read More
1. A flag; a banner; a standard; especially, the national flag, or a banner indicating nationality, carried by a ship... Read More
Origin: L. Spirare to breathe. See Spirit.
1. A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or... Read More
1. A station.
2. Assignment of quarters for soldiers; quarters.
3. The division of a shield containing different... Read More
To plunder or pillage, as a town or city; to devastate; to ravage. The romans lay under the apprehension of seeing... Read More
noun, plural: luciferases
Any of the group of enzymes that act on the oxidation of luciferin of bioluminescent... Read More
noun, plural: pneumatophores
(botany) A specialized aerial root, such as in certain mangrove species, that stick... Read More
noun, plural: chromatophores
A pigment-containing cell or light-reflecting structure, especially found in fish,... Read More