(Science: physics, unit) The si unit of luminous intensity, 1 lumen per m2; the luminous intensity, in a... Read More
(Science: microscopy) The brightness of an extended luminous source is termed the intensity per unit area... Read More
1. A hurt, injury, or effect caused by fire or excessive or intense heat.
2. The operation or result of burning or... Read More
1. a hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue,... Read More
1. Care of domestic affairs; economy; domestic management; thrift. There's husbandry in heaven; Their candles are... Read More
1. Shining; emitting or reflecting light; brilliant; bright; as, the is a luminous body; a luminous colour. Fire... Read More
1. The suet or fat of animals of the sheep and ox kinds, separated from membranous and fibrous matter by melting.
The... Read More
noun, plural: stearic acids
A eighteen-carbon fatty acid, with the formula: C18H36O2
A fatty acid is a... Read More
Plants are composed of three major organ groups: roots, stems, and leaves. As we know from other areas of biology, these... Read More