1. Of or belonging to God; as, divine perfections; the divine will. The immensity of the divine nature.
2. Proceeding... Read More
1. The One first Cause; also, one of the triad of Hindoo gods. The triad consists of brahma, the Creator, vishnu, the... Read More
1. Transgression of the law of god; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God's will, either in purpose... Read More
1. Set apart by solemn religious ceremony; especially, in a good sense, made holy; set apart to religious use;... Read More
1. Inborn; native; natural; as, innate vigor; innate eloquence.
2. (Science: psychology) Originating in, or derived... Read More
1. Hidden; concealed; as, secret treasure; secret plans; a secret vow. The secret things belong unto the lord our... Read More
(Science: person) theophrastus was born in Lesbos (island of lesbians) and is often called the father of... Read More
1. The relation of a father to his child; fathership; fatherhood; family headship; as, the divine paternity. The... Read More
1. Lifted up to the highest degree; most eminent; surpassing all other; supreme; as, superlative wisdom or... Read More
1. Natural inward impulse; unconscious, involuntary, or unreasoning prompting to any mode of action, whether... Read More
1. A dam in a river to stop and raise the water, for the purpose of conducting it to a mill, forming a fish pond, or... Read More
Origin: L. Genius, prop, the superior or divine nature which is innate in everything, the spirit, the tutelar deity... Read More
1. Not complete; not filled up; not finished; not having all its parts, or not having them all adjusted;... Read More
Origin: oe. Destinee, destene, f. Destinee, from destiner. See destine.
1. That to which any person or thing is... Read More
1. The art or science of building; especially, the art of building houses, churches, bridges, and other... Read More
1. The act of choosing; choice; selection.
2. The act of choosing a person to fill an office, or to membership in a... Read More
1. A thought or a consideration offered in support of a determination or an opinion; a just ground for a conclusion... Read More
1. The management of domestic affairs; the regulation and government of household matters; especially as they... Read More
1. Near the ground; not high or lofty; not pretentious or magnificent; unpretending; unassuming; as, a humble... Read More