1. (Science: geometry) An oval or oblong figure, bounded by a regular curve, which corresponds to an oblique... Read More
1. Of or pertaining to an ellipse; having the form of an ellipse; oblong, with rounded ends. The planets move in elliptic... Read More
lying or being across, or in a crosswise direction; athwart; often opposed to longitudinal.
(Science: geometry)... Read More
1. The act of revolving, or turning round on an axis or a center; the motion of a body round a fixed point or... Read More
1. A making equal; equal division; equality; equilibrium. Again the golden day resumed its right, And ruled in just... Read More
Origin: L. Peripheria, Gr.; around - to bear, carry: cf. F. Peripherie.
1. The outside or superficial portions of... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) A turning point; the principal or highest point; top; summit; crown; apex. Specifically: the... Read More
Origin: cf. F. Excentricite.
1. The state of being eccentric; deviation from the customary line of conduct;... Read More
1. Lacking nothing of completeness; complete; perfect; uninjured; whole; entire. A local motion keepeth bodies... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The depression, or mark, in the median line of the abdomen, which indicates the point where... Read More