Origin: L, bedpost, fr. Fulcire to prop.
1. A prop or support.
2. (Science: mechanics) That by which a lever is... Read More
An imaginary line around which a removable partial denture tends to rotate.
Synonym: rotational... Read More
1. (Science: mechanics) a rigid piece which is capable of turning about one point, or axis (the fulcrum), and in which... Read More
Stop Global Warming: The Solution Is You! (Speaker's Corner)
... Read More
1. In general, any combination of bodies so connected that their relative motions are constrained, and by means of... Read More
1. The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
2.... Read More
1. An implement for impelling a boat, being a slender piece of timber, usually ash or spruce, with a grip or handle at... Read More
1. An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and... Read More