1. A way; a path; a road; a street (as in Highgate). I was going to be an honest man; but the devil has this very day... Read More
(Science: ornithology) to produce young; said of eggs; to come forth from the egg; said of the young of birds, fishes,... Read More
1. The hook with its eye, or the joint, on which a door, gate, lid, etc, turns or swings; a flexible piece, as a strip... Read More
An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc, consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel,... Read More
1. That sort of wood which is proper for buildings or for tools, utensils, furniture, carriages, fences, ships, and... Read More
Origin: see Inquire
alternative forms: enquiry.
1. The act of inquiring; a seeking for information by asking... Read More
Origin: OE. Straight, streit, OF. Estreit, estroit. See Strait, a.
1. A narrow pass or passage. He brought him... Read More
Group Translocation Definition
Just like your “home” is a private place where you and your comfort are maintained due... Read More
1. An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and... Read More
There are five stages (or phases) of a disease. (Hattis, 2020). These stages are (1) Incubation period, (2) Prodromal... Read More