noun, plural: grafts
(botany) A shoot, bud, or scion of one plant that is inserted to another plant that would... Read More
noun, plural: alloimmunities
(immunology) A type of immunity that produces an immune response that is attacking... Read More
1. A shoot; a scion; a bud; a slip; a graft.
2. An offspring; progeny; child; scion. The tender imp was weaned.... Read More
noun, plural: corticosteroids
A steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex, e.g. glucocorticoids and... Read More
noun, plural: steroids
Any of the group of fat-soluble organic compounds containing four rings arranged in a... Read More
(1) Of, or relating to, tissues or cytologic elements not normally found parts of the body of an... Read More
In Immunology, inoculation is defined as the process of introducing an antigenic substance or... Read More
Mexican hat cell -->
An erythrocyte in target cell anaemia, with a dark centre surrounded by a light band... Read More
Asexual Reproduction Definition
What is asexual reproduction? Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction that does not... Read More
classification according to type.
Origin: see type
bacteriophage typing, a microbiological procedure, of... Read More
An erythrocyte in target cell anaemia, with a dark centre surrounded by a light band that again is encircled by... Read More
noun, plural: pedicles
(1) (botany) The stalk of a flower.
(2) (entomology) The waist of the ant bearing one or... Read More
(1) Cells used in an inoculation, such as cells added to start a culture.
(2) A biological material... Read More
By Vicki Mozo
Embryonic Stem Cell research offers a remarkable way to treat various disorders where conventional... Read More
A term largely applied to storage lipids in animal tissues that are usually solid... Read More
To support, or prevent from falling, by placing something under or against; as, to prop up a fence or an old building;... Read More
second set rejection
An accelerated rejection of a transplant that occurs when an individual has been previously sensitised... Read More
One who receives, as blood in transfusion or a tissue or organ... Read More
A graft versus host reaction in mice first observed following intravenous injection of allogeneic spleen cells... Read More
1. Of or pertaining to the arts of painting, drawing or writing.
2. Well delineated; clearly and... Read More
What is tissue in the body? The body tissue is an aggregation of cells that function together and have a... Read More
(noun) The combination of a bone graft, metal instrumentation, prosthetic devices and/or bone cement applied to a... Read More
The process of creating an exact copy of a biological unit (e.g. a DNA sequence, cell, or organism) from... Read More