1. To rub or file with a rasp; to rub or grate with a rough file; as, to rasp wood to make it smooth; to rasp bones to... Read More
1. A partition, covering, or frame of parallel or cross bars; a latticework resembling a window grate; as, the... Read More
1. To come in sight; to appear. So honor peereth in the meanest habit. (Shak) See how his gorget peers above his gown!... Read More
1. An instrument or frame used for stretching, extending, retaining, or displaying, something. Specifically: An engine... Read More
1. A thin, broad piece cut off; as, a slice of bacon; a slice of cheese; a slice of bread.
2. That which is thin and... Read More
1. To rub over the surface of (something) with a sharp or rough instrument; to rub over with something that roughens... Read More