1. Cleft, cut, gash.
2. An act or action of... Read More
noun, plural: sclerotomes
(embryology) The somite that gives rise to the development of vertebrae and... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) The terminal, and usually flexible, posterior appendage of an animal.
The tail of mammals and... Read More
Fredet-ramstedt operation -->
(Science: procedure) longitudinal incision through the anterior wall of the... Read More
(Science: procedure) Transabdominal incision into the peritoneal cavity.
Synonym: abdominal section, laparotomy,... Read More
(Science: procedure) incision of the breast.
Origin: masto-- g. Tome,... Read More
1. A resin containing more or less of an essential or volatile oil.
The balsams are aromatic resinous substances,... Read More
1. (Science: botany) a low shrubby tree of the genus pistacia (P. Lentiscus), growing upon the islands... Read More
1. To emit blood; to lose blood; to run with blood, by whatever means; as, the arm bleeds; the wound bled freely; to... Read More
1. Physician or surgeon; a professor of the art of healing.
alternative forms: leach Leech, heal thyself. (Wyclif... Read More
Origin: pelvio-- G. Tome,... Read More
(Science: procedure) Any cutting operation on the tongue, usually to obtain access to further reaches of the... Read More
(Science: procedure) surgical opening of an atrium.
Origin: atrio-- g. Tome,... Read More
noun, plural: white lines of Toldt
(1) The lateral peritoneal reflection along the outer edge of the ascending... Read More
The incision or cutting through the canthus.
The procedure is often performed to release... Read More