1. To salute with the lips, as a mark of affection, reverence, submission, forgiveness, etc. He . . . Kissed her lips... Read More
1. To adress, as with expressions of kind wishes and courtesy; to greet; to hail. I salute you with this kingly... Read More
1. Being at the back or in the rear; distant; remote; as, the back door; back settlements.
2. Being in arrear; overdue;... Read More
A small sailing vessel, commonly rigged as a sloop, used chiefly in the coasting and fishing trade.
Origin: D. Smak;... Read More
1. A dam in a river to stop and raise the water, for the purpose of conducting it to a mill, forming a fish pond, or... Read More
What is endocytosis in biology? Endocytosis is a cellular process by which a cell internalizes any... Read More
What is pinocytosis? Pinocytosis is the ingestion of extracellular fluids, i.e. the fluid... Read More
Photobiology, the biology of light, is a subdiscipline in biology. It focuses on the effects of... Read More