1. One who, or that which, drives; the person or thing that urges or compels anything else to move onward.
2. The... Read More
plural: cell matrices
cell ma·trix, ˈmeɪtɹɪks
An insoluble, dynamic gel in the cytoplasm, believed... Read More
1. To emit steam or vapor. My brother's ghost hangs hovering there, O'er his warm blood, that steams into the air.... Read More
1. (pronounced, in this sense,) natural capacity; ability; skill. A man hath sapiences three, memory, engine, and... Read More
(Science: botany) Trailing spring, a spring fixed in the axle box of the trailing wheels of a locomotive engine,... Read More
1. A device, consisting of a pipe or tube bent so as to form two branches or legs of unequal length, by which a... Read More
1. A well-known implement, drawn by horses, mules, oxen, or other power, for turning up the soil to prepare it for... Read More
A large basin or cistern; an artificial receptacle for liquids. Tank engine, a locomotive which carries the water and... Read More
Origin: L. Torpedo, -inis, from torpere to be stiff, numb, or torpid. See Torpid.
1. (Science: zoology) Any one of... Read More
(Science: anatomy) Of or pertaining to locomotion, pertaining to or affecting the locomotive... Read More
1. An instrument or frame used for stretching, extending, retaining, or displaying, something. Specifically: An engine... Read More
1. To make equal; to cause to correspond, or be like, in amount or degree as compared; as, to equalize accounts,... Read More
1. To provide with a horse, or with horses; to mount on, or as on, a horse. Being better horsed, outrode me.
2. To sit... Read More
1. Consisting of three united; multiplied by three; threefold; as, a triple knot; a triple tie. By thy triple shape... Read More
mad; insane; possessed; rabid; furious; frantic.
Alternative forms: wode Our hoste gan to swear as if he were wood.... Read More
1. To apply smoke to; to hang in smoke; to disinfect, to cure, etc, by smoke; as, to smoke or fumigate infected... Read More
1. A hard outside covering, as of a fruit or an animal. Specifically: The covering, or outside part, of a nut; as, a... Read More
1. Not moving; not appearing to move; stable; fixed. Charles Wesley, who is a more stationary man, does not... Read More
1. The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
2.... Read More
1. To construct by fitting and uniting the several parts of the skeleton of any structure; specifically, in woodwork,... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The terminal part of the leg of man or an animal; especially, the part below the ankle or wrist;... Read More
1. Easily impressed, broken, bruised, or injured; not firm or hard; delicate; as, tender plants; tender flesh; tender... Read More
singular: cytoplasmic matrices
(1) Synonym for cell matrix, an insoluble,... Read More