1. A slattern.
2. The name of a female fairy, especially. The queen of the fairies; and hence, sometimes, any... Read More
mad; insane; possessed; rabid; furious; frantic.
Alternative forms: wode Our hoste gan to swear as if he were wood.... Read More
1. Slow of understanding; wanting readiness of apprehension; stupid; doltish; blockish. Dull at classical learning. She... Read More
1. The art of carving, cutting, or hewing wood, stone, metal, etc, into statues, ornaments, etc, or into figures,... Read More
Origin: proteinaceous infectious particle
(microbiology) an infectious protein particle similar to a virus but... Read More
1. Food, in general; anything eaten for nourishment, either by man or beast. Hence, the edible part of anything; as,... Read More
1. Outside; extraneous; separated; alien; as, a foreign country; a foreign government. Foreign worlds.
2. Not native... Read More
A phase in the sexual cycle of female animals characterized by their sexual receptiveness or their... Read More
1. One destitute of reason, or of the common powers of understanding; an idiot; a natural.
2. A person deficient in... Read More
Origin: oe. Folie, foli, f. Folie, fr. Fol, fou, foolish, mad. See fool.
1. The state of being foolish; want of good... Read More
1. (Science: ethnology) One of any savage race that dwells in caves, instead of constructing dwellings; a cave... Read More
The Definition of Mad
When someone says 'mental disorder' many people associate it with madness. This is truly not the... Read More