sharp instruments used for puncturing or... Read More
1. A small instrument of steel, sharply pointed at one end, with an eye to receive a thread, used in sewing.
In some... Read More
There are two main subdivisions of seed plants—the ones without covered seeds, the gymnosperms, and the ones with covered... Read More
The interior of the cell is divided into the nucleus and the cytoplasm. The nucleus is a spherical or oval-shaped structure... Read More
1. (Science: botany) Any tree of the coniferous genus pinus. See Pinus.
There are about twenty-eight species in the... Read More
(Science:... Read More
a woody glen; a narrow valley containing a stream.
Origin: Icel. Gil.
1. (Science: anatomy) An organ for aquatic... Read More
1. To comb or card, as wool or flax. Teasing matted wool.
2. To stratch, as cloth, for the purpose of raising a nap;... Read More
Mediums used between an electric conductor and the object to which the current is to be applied. In... Read More
A disaccharide made up of two glucose... Read More