1. (Science: botany) Opera girl, an East indian plant (Mantisia saltatoria) of the ginger family, sometimes seen in... Read More
noun, plural: operators
(1) (genetics) A segment of DNA where the repressor binds to, thereby preventing the... Read More
1. To place on a seat; to cause to sit down; as, to seat one's self. The guests were no sooner seated but they entered... Read More
1. The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order;... Read More
1. Giving sound when struck; resonant; as, sonorous metals.
2. Loud-sounding; giving a clear or loud sound; as, a... Read More