Origin: NL, fr. L. Pendulus hanging, swinging. See Pendulous.
A body so suspended from a fixed point as to swing... Read More
An extreme form of cor mobile in which the heart appears to be suspended by the great vessels.
Synonym:... Read More
1. The act of swinging; a waving, oscillating, or vibratory motion of a hanging or pivoted object; oscillation; as,... Read More
1. Of or pertaining to the ballista, or to the art of hurling stones or missile weapons by means of an engine.
2.... Read More
The muscular organ that maintains the circulation of the blood. C. Adiposum a heart that has undergone fatty... Read More
1. The act of vibrating, or the state of being vibrated, or in vibratory motion; quick motion to and fro;... Read More
1. Relating to an angle or to angles; having an angle or angles; forming an angle or corner; sharp-cornered;... Read More
1. Something which hangs or depends; something suspended; a hanging appendage, especially one of an ornamental... Read More
1. Same as palette.
2. A wooden implement used by potters, crucible makers, etc, for forming, beating, and rounding... Read More
1. Generally, any initial change, in response to a sudden step change in some factor, that is greater than the... Read More