pl. Pennies or Pence. Pennies denotes the number of coins; pence the amount of pennies in value. OE. Peni, AS. Penig,... Read More
The ahool is a flying cryptid, supposedly a giant bat, or by other accounts, a living pterosaur or flying primate. Such a... Read More
1. Liquid to be swallowed; any fluid to be taken into the stomach for quenching thirst or for other purposes, as... Read More
1. To advise; to counsel. See Rede. Therefore, I read thee, get to God's word, and thereby try all doctrine.... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The horny scale of plate of epidermis at the end of the fingers and toes of man and many apes.... Read More
1. The act of guarding; watch; guard; guardianship; specifically, a guarding during the day. See the note under Watch.... Read More
1. The pavement or floor of brick, stone, or metal in a chimney, on which a fire is made; the floor of a fireplace;... Read More
1. A block or clay tempered with water, sand, etc, molded into a regular form, usually rectangular, and sun-dried, or... Read More
A grove or clumb of trees; as, a toddy tope.
Origin: Tamil tppu.
1. (Science: zoology) A small shark or dogfish... Read More
1. A well-known implement, drawn by horses, mules, oxen, or other power, for turning up the soil to prepare it for... Read More