1. To cover or lay with planks; as, to plank a floor or a ship. Planked with pine.
2. To lay down, as on a plank or... Read More
1. A going; a course.
2. A number going in company; hence, a company, or a number of persons associated for a... Read More
1. To lay or throw into a pile or heap; to heap up; to collect into a mass; to accumulate; to amass; often with up; as,... Read More
1. The manner in which one bears or conducts one's self; mien; behavior; carriage. I know him by his bearing.... Read More
1. To make a hole or perforation with, or as with, a boring instrument; to cut a circular hole by the rotary motion of... Read More
1. To make smooth; to level; to pare off the inequalities of the surface of, as of a board or other piece of wood, by... Read More
1. The act of shifting. Specifically: The act of putting one thing in the place of another, or of changing the place... Read More
1. State; condition. How could thou ween, through that disguised hood to hide thy state from being understood?... Read More
1. A dam in a river to stop and raise the water, for the purpose of conducting it to a mill, forming a fish pond, or... Read More
What does isotonic mean? The term "isotonic" is used in physiology, anatomy, and physical chemistry.... Read More
1. A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
2. A prisoner... Read More
1. To subject (a body) to the action of something moving over its surface with pressure and friction, especially to the... Read More
Having rotted; putrid; decayed; as, a rotten apple; rotten meat. Hence:
offensive to the smell; fetid; disgusting.... Read More
1. To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap; as, to jump a stream.
2. To cause to jump; as, he jumped his horse across... Read More