That which is protuberant swelled or pushed beyond the surrounding or adjacent surface; a swelling or tumour on... Read More
1. The act of throwing or shooting forward.
2. A jutting out; also, a part jutting out, as of a building; an... Read More
Origin: oe. Bali, bely, as. Belg, baelg, baelig, bag, bellows, belly; akin to Icel. Belgr bag, bellows, Sw. Balg, dan.... Read More
noun, plural: buds
(general) An immature or undeveloped structure that develops into a bodily structure or a new... Read More
noun, plural: cirri
(botany) A tendril or clasper or similar part.
(1) A bundle or tuft of cilia... Read More
1. A defensive covering for the head. See Casque, Headpiece, morion, Sallet, and Illust. Of beaver.
2. The... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The protuberance through which milk is drawn from the breast or mamma; the mammilla; a teat; a... Read More
1. To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
2. To injure or destroy, as a steamboat or... Read More
sucking pad -->
An encapsuled mass of fat in the cheek on the outer side of the buccinator muscle,... Read More
A small median protuberance on the floor of the oral cavity of the embryo between the mandibular and hyoid... Read More
noun, plural: elaiosomes
A plant organelle that stores fat
Elaiosome is an organelle that stores fat... Read More