(Science: zoology) An animal having four feet, as most mammals and reptiles; often restricted to the... Read More
By Hillary Mayell
An onsite restoration drawing of how "Leonardo" may... Read More
1. To provide with a horse, or with horses; to mount on, or as on, a horse. Being better horsed, outrode me.
2. To sit... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) a quadruped of the genus Canis, especially. The domestic dog (c. Familiaris).
The dog is... Read More
(1) Situated behind or toward the rear of.
(2) Near or toward the caudal end of an animal, especially... Read More
(1) Situated before or in front; prior to.
(2) Near or toward the head or forward end of a quadruped... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) a quadruped of the genus equus (E. Asinus), smaller than the horse, and having a peculiarly harsh... Read More
To distribute into tribes or classes. Our fowl, fish, and quadruped are well tribed. (abp. Nicolson)
1. A family,... Read More
Of or pertaining to a bull; resembling a bull; male; large; fierce. Bull bat, the pine snake of the united states. Bull... Read More