Origin: Cf. F. Sensibilite, LL. Sensibilitas.
1. (Science: physiology) The quality or state of being sensible,... Read More
1. Possessing great sensibility; easily affected or moved; as, a feeling heart.
2. Expressive of great sensibility;... Read More
1. To try by the touch; to handle; as, to taste a bow. Taste it well and stone thou shalt it find. (Chaucer)
2. To try... Read More
Origin: Cf. F. Susceptibilite.
1. The state or quality of being susceptible; the capability of receiving... Read More
1. Having sense of feeling; possessing or exhibiting the capacity of receiving impressions from external objects;... Read More
noun, plural: cortexes, cortices
(anatomy) The outer layer or region of a structure or an internal organ
(botany)... Read More