1. To emit rays of light; to give light; to beam with steady radiance; to exhibit brightness or splendor; as, the sun... Read More
A short stretch of nucleotides on a prokaryotic mRNA molecule upstream of the translational start... Read More
1. To appear above the surface either of sea or land, or to appear enlarged, or distorted and indistinct, as a distant... Read More
1. To emit rays; to be radiant; to shine. Virtues shine more clear In them kings, and radiant like the sun at noon.... Read More
1. The exterior form or appearance of anything; that part which presents itself to the view; especially, the front or... Read More
noun, plural: tapeta lucida
A layer of tissue in the choroid or in the retinal pigment epithelium of the eye of... Read More
In ultrasonography, containing few or no echoes; a misnomer for transonic or anechoic.
Origin: L.... Read More
1. To change the outward form or appearance of; to metamorphose; to transform.
2. Especially, to change to... Read More
A taxonomic family of Carnivora embracing domestic and wild cats such as lions and tigers
Felidae... Read More
Partially transparent; permitting light to pass through in a diffuse manner.
Origin: L. Translucens, fr. Trans--... Read More
Dead Man Walking: Wade Davis and the Secret of the Zombie Poison
By Patrick D. Hahn
Accepted on September 4, 2007
Twenty... Read More
1. To climb a mast, tree, rope, or the like, by embracing it alternately with the arms and legs, without help of steps,... Read More
1. Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
2.... Read More
1. The moon.
2. (Science: chemistry) silver.
(Science: chemistry) luna cornea, a very large and beautiful American moth... Read More
1. To shine with an intense or white heat; to give forth vivid light and heat; to be incandenscent. Glows in the stars,... Read More
Phenotype refers to the observable characteristics of an organism as a multifactorial consequence of genetic traits and... Read More
The meaning of fecundity is the reproductive rate (fecundity rate) or the performance of an individual... Read More
noun, plural: tapeta
(botany) A layer of nutritive cells within the sporangium, providing nutrition for growing... Read More