1. State of being alone, or withdrawn from society; a lonely life; loneliness. Whosoever is delighted with solitude... Read More
1. The act of retiring or withdrawing one's self, especially from what is dangerous or disagreeable. In a retreat he... Read More
1. A number of things or events standing or succeeding in order, and connected by a like relation; sequence; order;... Read More
Origin: L. Monasterium, Gr, fr. A solitary, a monk, fr. To be alone, live in solitude, fr. Alone. Cf. Minister.
A... Read More
1. A withdrawing or retiring; a moving back; retreat; as, the recess of the tides. Every degree of ignorance being so... Read More
1. A person who lives in solitude; a recluse; a hermit.
2. A single diamond in a setting; also, sometimes, a... Read More