1. Thinly scattered; set or planted here and there; not being dense or close together; as, a sparse population.
2.... Read More
1. A long pole or spar, run out for the purpose of extending the bottom of a particular sail; as, the jib boom, the... Read More
1. Extreme pain or suffering; anguish of body or mind; as, to suffer distress from the gout, or from the loss of... Read More
dRess; tackle; especially, the ropes, chains, etc, that support the masts and spars of a vessel, and serve as... Read More
1. To deprive; to bereave; to make destitute; to plunder; especially, to deprive of a covering; to skin; to peel; as,... Read More
1. A cutting instrument. Specifically: An instrument consisting of two blades, commonly with bevel edges, connected... Read More