1. Strong; lusty; vigorous; robust; sinewy; muscular; hence, firm; resolute; dauntless. With hearts stern and stout.... Read More
1. Foolishly obstinate or resolute; stubborn; unrelenting; unfeeling; stern. This sturdy marquis gan his hearte dress... Read More
Researched and Written by Jonjo Minns
Submitted to biologyonline.com on February 25, 2009.
Published in biologyonline.com... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The inner and somewhat concave part of the hand between the bases of the fingers and the wrist.... Read More
1. A race or variety of men or other animals (or of plants), perpetuating its special or distinctive characteristics... Read More
A silk cloth, of a thick, close texture, and overshot woof, which has a glossy surface. Cloths of gold and satins rich... Read More
A young male of the ox kind; especially, a common ox; a castrated taurine male from two to four years old. See the... Read More
1. A species of food of a soft or moderately hard consistence, variously made, but often a compound of flour or... Read More
(Science: zoology) a genus of ruminant quadrupeds, including the wild and domestic cattle, distinguished by a stout... Read More
a small decorative fold or flap, especially, of lace or muslin, in a garment or headdress.
(Science: zoology) lappet... Read More
1. A cat; a fondling appellation.
2. A hare; so called by sportsmen. Puss in the corner, a game in which all the... Read More
By: Maria Victoria Gonzaga
In the previous lesson, we've come to know some of the most fascinating endemic... Read More