Origin: f. Geometrie, L. Geometria, fr. Gr, fr. To measure land, the earth - to measure. So called because one of... Read More
The science of nature, or of natural objects; that branch of science which treats of the laws and... Read More
The science of nature, or of natural objects; that branch of science which treats of the laws and properties of... Read More
1. To handle; to manage; to use; to bear one's self toward; as, to treat prisoners cruelly; to treat children... Read More
1. (Science: physics) That branch of mechanics which treats of the motion of bodies . Dynamics is held by some... Read More
That branch of anthropology which treats of the actual distribution of the human race in its different... Read More
Tending to describe; having the quality of representing; containing description; as, a descriptive figure; a... Read More
1. Fixed or determined by nature; pertaining to the constitution of a thing; belonging to native character;... Read More
(Science: study) That part of anatomy which treats of muscles.
Origin: Myo-: cf. F.... Read More
That branch of the science of mechanics which relates to fluids, or, as usually limited, which treats of the... Read More
(Science: study) That part of anatomy which treats of joints.
Origin: gr.... Read More
in the early church, one who devoted himself to a solitary and contemplative life, characterised by devotion,... Read More
Origin: gr, the earth: cf. F. Geologie.
1. The science which treats: Of the structure and mineral constitution of... Read More
1. The act of adding two or more things together; opposed to subtraction or diminution. This endless addition or... Read More
Origin: L.etymologia, gr.; etymon - discourse, description: cf. F. Etymologie. See Etymon, and -logy.
1. (Science:... Read More
(Science: specialist) a medical doctor who specialises in gynecology and diseases... Read More
(Science: study) The science of god or of religion; the science which treats of the existence, character, and... Read More
1. To make smooth; to level; to pare off the inequalities of the surface of, as of a board or other piece of wood, by... Read More
1. The just adaptation of parts to each other, in any system or combination of things, or in things, or things... Read More
(cytogenetics) A chromosome banding method that treats chromosomes with quinacrine dihydrochloride to reveal... Read More