noun, plural: volatile oils
A substance of oily consistency and feel especially one that is derived from a... Read More
Fixed oil -->
An oil derived from both animals and plants; chemically, a glyceride of a fatty acid which, by... Read More
1. A resin containing more or less of an essential or volatile oil.
The balsams are aromatic resinous substances,... Read More
Origin: Invented by the chemist van Helmont of brussels, who died in 1644.
1. An aeriform fluid; a term used at first by... Read More
1. The constituent elementary notions which constitute a complex notion, and must be enumerated to define it;... Read More
1. That burns; being on fire; excessively hot; fiery.
2. Consuming; intense; inflaming; exciting; vehement;... Read More
noun, plural: decoctions
(1) The act or process or the product of extraction or boiling in a watery fluid.
(2)... Read More