Origin: a corruption of barse.
1. An edible, spiny-finned fish, especially. Of the genera Roccus,... Read More
(Science: botany) A fragrant edible berry, of a delicious taste and commonly of a red colour, the fruit of a... Read More
1. A large concreted mass of stony material; a large fixed stone or crag. See Stone. Come one, come all! this rock... Read More
Having stripes of different colours; streaked. Striped bass.
(Science: zoology) See bass.
(Science: botany) Striped... Read More
1. Any fresh water fish of the genus perca and of several other allied genera of the family... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) The male of bees, especially. Of the honeybee. It gathers no honey. See honeybee. All with... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) Any one of numerous species of ten-armed cephalopods having a long, tapered body, and a caudal... Read More
1. A powerful brass instrument of the trumpet kind, thought by some to be the ancient sackbut, consisting of a tube... Read More
Biology Inquiries: Standards-Based Labs, Assessments, and Discussion Lessons
... Read More
Hysteria is often regarded as the archetypal psychodynamic illness. Freud carried out much of his early work on... Read More
1. To pelt, beat, or kill with stones. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon god, and saying, lord Jesus, receive my... Read More
1. to increase by adding an equal number, quantity, length, value, or the like; multiply by two; to double a sum of... Read More
being of a bright saffronlike colour; of the colour of gold or brass; having the hue of that part of the rainbow, or... Read More
1. The surface of the earth; the outer crust of the globe, or some indefinite portion of it. There was not a man to... Read More
What is a niche? A niche can be defined as the means by which a species or an individual interacts with its environment. In... Read More