noun, plural: calyxes or calyces or calices
(anatomy) Funnel-shaped structures that act as passageway of urine... Read More
Flowering plants grow in a wide variety of habitats and environments. They can go from germination of a seed to a mature... Read More
1. Sticking; clinging; adhering.
2. Attached as an attribute or circumstance.
3. (Science: botany) Congenitally... Read More
(Science: botany) A member of the (usually green) outer whorl of non-fertile parts surrounding the fertile organs of a... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The narrow passage from the mouth to the pharynx, situated between the soft palate and the base... Read More
'Asteraceae'', composite family.
A single family enclosed in order Asterales in subclass Asteridae.
The other name -... Read More
1. A vessel adapted for various domestic purposes, and anciently for sacrificial used; especially, a vessel of antique... Read More
noun, plural: nephrons
The structural and functional unit of the kidney, i.e. a structure comprised of a set of... Read More
noun, singular: kidney calyx
Funnel-shaped structures that allow passage of the urine from the ducts of the renal... Read More