1. A measure; a standard of measure; an instrument to determine dimensions, distance, or capacity; a standard. This... Read More
1. Of little breadth; not wide or broad; having little distance from side to side; as, a narrow board; a narrow... Read More
1. The act of pressing, or the condition of being pressed; compression; a squeezing; a crushing; as, a pressure of... Read More
An instrument, used with a telescope or microscope, for measuring minute distances, or the apparent diameters of... Read More
1. A device, consisting of a pipe or tube bent so as to form two branches or legs of unequal length, by which a... Read More
1. To go; to fare. To warn him now he is too farre sped. (remedy of love)
2. To experience in going; to have any... Read More
Previous pages in this tutorial have described the basics of a cell, the energy required by these cells and how energy is... Read More
It only takes one biological cell to create an organism. In fact, there are countless species of single-celled organisms,... Read More
(Science: technique) flow cytometry is an emerging technique which holds great promise for the separation,... Read More
A gene is the fundamental, physical, and functional unit of heredity. The genes make up the sequences of DNA (genotypes).... Read More
1. A measure of length, the twelfth part of a foot, commonly subdivided into halves, quarters, eights, sixteenths, etc,... Read More
Evil; wicked; bad.
Origin: L. Malus. See malice.
same as mail, a bag.
1. Of or pertaining to the sex that... Read More
In cell biology, the nucleus is the large, membrane-bounded organelle that contains the genetic material in the form of... Read More
noun, plural: chromosomes. Word origin: Greek chroma ("color") + soma ("body"). What are... Read More
1. A border; edge; brink; verge; as, the margin of a river or lake.
2. Specifically: The part of a page at the edge... Read More
1. To emit steam or vapor. My brother's ghost hangs hovering there, O'er his warm blood, that steams into the air.... Read More
1. The exterior part of anything that has length and breadth; one of the limits that bound a solid, especially. The... Read More
Introduction to Genetics
Genetics - Definition:... Read More