1. A weapon of war, consisting of a long shaft or handle and a steel blade or head; a spear carried by horsemen, and... Read More
1. To run or ride, and thrust with a lance; to practice the military game or exercise of thrusting with a lance, as a... Read More
1. A violent push or driving, as with a pointed weapon moved in the direction of its length, or with the hand or... Read More
1. To furnish with braces; to support; to prop; as, to brace a beam in a building.
2. To draw tight; to tighten; to... Read More
noun, plural: flukes
(1) (ichthyology) Summer flounder, Paralichthys dentatus (a flatfish)
(2) (cetology) Either... Read More
1. To fly apart or in pieces; of break open; to yield to force or pressure, especially to a sudden and violent... Read More
To shoot into a long stem, as some plants. See spire.
1. A long, pointed weapon, used in war and hunting, by thrusting... Read More