noun, plural: medusae
(zoology) The freely-swimming, umbrella- or disk-shaped gelatinous form of Cnidarians (as... Read More
noun, plural: polyps
(1) (zoology) The hollow, columnar, sessile form of Cnidarians (as opposed to the medusa... Read More
1. Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
2. Having no means of... Read More
An invertebrate refers to any of the animals lacking a vertebral column. The term invertebrate came... Read More
Just like it is easy to identify and sort anything in the supermarkets when placed in the right section with proper display... Read More
1. A bubble. At his mouth a blubber stood of foam. (Henryson)
2. The fat of whales and other large sea animals from... Read More
(Science: zoology) Pertaining to the anthozoa.
One of the anthozoa.
noun, plural: anthozoans
Any of the... Read More
(Science: zoology) Any one of the acalephs, especially. One of the larger species, having a jellylike appearance.... Read More
noun, plural: corals
(marine biology) An invertebrate species characterized by having a clear polyp body with a... Read More
A species within the family Physaliidae characterized by being in a colony resembling a... Read More