1. Pertaining to or causing death.
2. Destined to die.
Origin: L. Mortalis, fr. Mors,... Read More
Scared to Death: Self-Willed Death, or the Bone-Pointing Syndrome
by Patrick D Hahn
Accepted on: September 4,... Read More
Causing death, deadly, mortal,... Read More
1. Belonging or relating to life, either animal or vegetable; as, vital energies; vital functions; vital actions.
2.... Read More
1. To possess or exercise sovereign power or authority; to exercise government, as a king or emperor;; to hold supreme... Read More
1. Transgression of the law of god; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God's will, either in purpose... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) Any sharp organ of offense and defense, especially when connected with a poison gland, and... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) One of the whitish and elastic bundles of fibres, with the accompanying tissues, which transmit... Read More
Origin: oe. Knif, as. Cnif; akin to D. Knijf, Icel. Knifr, Sw. Knif, dan. Kniv.
1. An instrument consisting of a thin... Read More
1. The act of trying or testing in any manner. Specifically:
Any effort or exertion of strength for the purpose of... Read More
1. Capable of being forgiven; not heinous; excusable; pardonable; as, a venial fault or transgression. So they do... Read More
1. Foolishly obstinate or resolute; stubborn; unrelenting; unfeeling; stern. This sturdy marquis gan his hearte dress... Read More