What is a diarthrodial joint?
A diarthrosis joint is a freely moving joint characterized by its mobility and joint cavity... Read More
A joint is a point where two bones are attached and are capable of movement. The joints not only provide the movements of... Read More
The most common and movable type of joint which is characterized by the presence of a layer of... Read More
A movable joint comprised of a layer of fibrocartilage or hyaline cartilage that lines the opposing bony... Read More
1. To unite by a joint or joints; to fit together; to prepare so as to fit together; as, to joint boards. Pierced... Read More
noun, plural: synovial joints
The connective tissue lining the inner surface of the joint capsule of a synovial... Read More
noun, plural: joint capsules
A sac-like fibrous tissue that envelopes a synovial joint
Synovial joints... Read More
1. To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap; as, to jump a stream.
2. To cause to jump; as, he jumped his horse across... Read More
Origin: L. Antenna sail-yard; NL, a feeler, horn of an insect.
(Science: zoology) a movable, articulated organ of... Read More
1. Making movable; restoring the power of motion in a joint.
2. The act or the result of the act of mobilizing;... Read More
(Science: zoology) The terminal joint or movable piece at the end of the abdomen of crustacea and other articulates.... Read More