(Science: plant biology) The wall of a fruit, developed from the ovary wall.
The ripened and variously modified... Read More
Flowering plants grow in a wide variety of habitats and environments. They can go from germination of a seed to a mature... Read More
noun, plural: simple fruits
A type of fruit that develops from a single or compound ovary with only one pistil... Read More
(1) (anatomy) The part of the otolith organ found in the inner ear of vertebrates
(2) (anatomy) The small... Read More
A device that controls the flow of a fluid through a pipe.
One shell of a double shelled mollusc such as a clam or... Read More
1. Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
2. Having no means of... Read More
1. (Science: marine biology) a mollusk having a shell consisting of two lateral plates or valves joined together by... Read More
1. Filled, as with air or gas; blown up; distended; as, a balloon inflated with gas.
2. Turgid; swelling; puffed... Read More
lying or being across, or in a crosswise direction; athwart; often opposed to longitudinal.
(Science: geometry)... Read More
(Science: botany) Stuffed; filled solid; as, a farctate leaf, stem, or pericarp; opposed to tubular or... Read More
1. (Science: botany) A plant, and its fruit, of the genus Pisum, of many varieties, much cultivated for food. It has a... Read More
noun, plural: sutures
(anatomy) A line of junction or the joint between two articulating bones, especially of the... Read More
(Science: botany) 1. A leguminous fruit. A two-valved seed Vessel. A dehiscent fruit or pericarp containing multiple... Read More