A passageway between an artery and vein, which may be congenital, surgically joined (as in for hemodialysis... Read More
1. To turn to one side, to divert, to bypass.
2. (Science: cardiology) A passage or anastomosis between two natural... Read More
Complications of ventriculo-peritoneal shunt
(Science: radiology) Kinking, interruption, exit from peritoneal cavity with... Read More
(biochemistry) A glucose metabolic pathway in which five-carbon sugars (pentoses) and NADPH are synthesized... Read More
1. A shunt or auxiliary flow.
2. (Science: surgery) to create new flow from one structure to another through a... Read More
(1) (anatomy) Characterized by being far from the point of anatomical reference.
(2) (anatomy) Being... Read More
Acronym for transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic... Read More
noun, plural: hexoses
A six-carbon monosaccharide
Monosaccharides are the simplest form of... Read More
Robison ester -->
A key intermediate in glycolysis, glycogenolysis, pentose phosphate shunt, etc.;... Read More