noun, plural: velvet worms
Any of the invertebrates belonging to the phylum Onychophora, and characterized by... Read More
1. A silk fabric, having a short, close nap of erect threads. Inferior qualities are made with a silk pile on a... Read More
1. To lay or throw into a pile or heap; to heap up; to collect into a mass; to accumulate; to amass; often with up; as,... Read More
Imitating reality, but not real; false; counterfeit; assumed; sham. ''That superior greatness and mock... Read More
Lead Author: J. Emmett DuffyThis article has been reviewed and approved by the following Topic Editor: John... Read More
An animal (plural: animals) refers to any of the eukaryotic multicellular organisms of the biological... Read More
1. The soft and curled, or crisped, species of hair which grows on sheep and some other animals, and which in fineness... Read More
What is the epidermis? We can define the epidermis as one or more layers of cells forming the tough... Read More
1. A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
2. A prisoner... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) Any one of numerous species of spongiae, or porifera.
2. The elastic fibrous skeleton of many... Read More
(Science: technique) technique for testing the genetic characteristics of bacterial colonies. A dilute... Read More