1. (Science: anatomy) A turning point; the principal or highest point; top; summit; crown; apex. Specifically: the... Read More
1. Of or pertaining to the vertex; situated at the vertex, or highest point; directly overhead, or in the zenith;... Read More
Origin: L. Vortex, vertex, -icis, fr. Vortere, vertere, to turn. See Vertex.
1. A mass of fluid, especially of a... Read More
Nezih OKTAR Journal of Neurological Sciences (Turkish) 2006, Volume 23, Number 3, Page(s) 155-158. An Open Access... Read More
1. To fish with an angle (fishhook), or with hook and line.
2. (Science: geometry) The figure made by two lines which... Read More
1. Relating to an angle or to angles; having an angle or angles; forming an angle or corner; sharp-cornered;... Read More
1. (Science: geometry) A part of a circle comprehended between two radii and the included arc.
2. A mathematical... Read More
What is pinocytosis? Pinocytosis is the ingestion of extracellular fluids, i.e. the fluid... Read More
Radiographic projection devised to obtain direct visualization of the base of the skull.
Synonym: axial... Read More